Friday 12 November 2010

Visit to Oxford







Waking up at 6am to catch a train and a 100 minute bus ride to Oxford didn't seem like the best start of a day, but I was happily surprised by both museums when we got there.

I really loved the Natural History museum for it's collection of things living and extinct. I've always been an animal and dinosaur geek so I was in my element. The Pitt River's museum was also great for its quirky collections, some fascinating and some disturbing and in some cases both. I spent the majority of the 4 hours there drawing and taking photos. With only 19 drawings done you'd think I could of done more in that time but certain drawings had more effort put in than others. This is probably because I tried different approaches, using different coloured pencils and grades of pencil softness to get various results. I think I used my time wisely and would have gladly stayed longer as I didn't even get to see the upper floors of the Pitt Rivers.

The only negatives to this trip was how exhausted I was by the end of the day and the fact (no pun intended) that I now have a plethera of subjects to choose for my project.

Damn you, childhood love of dinosaurs. Damn you to hell.

Below I've included a few drawings and photos from the day:




















No comments:

Post a Comment